The Morgan Library & Museum is seeking an Associate Director of Membership, who is responsible for overseeing all aspects of operations and strategy related to cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of the Morgan’s Friends programs (memberships ranging from $75 to $1,000), including the Young Fellows program. The ideal candidate should be a self-directed team player who has experience leading direct mail and Annual Fund campaigns, managing and soliciting a portfolio of active donors, and working with various departments within an institution to maximize retention and opportunities for acquisition. The Associate Director of Membership manages a staff of one and reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement.
- B.A. Degree; interest in the arts and humanities preferred
- At least five years of successful membership experience with increasing responsibilities, including managing direct mail campaigns and an active portfolio of prospects
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Donor database experience; Raisers Edge experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, Photoshop experience preferred
- Experience in developing budgets, forecasting revenue, and producing financial reports
- Ability to motivate, supervise, and work cooperatively and effectively with staff
- Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously, establish effective timelines for accomplishing long-range goals, and to complete tasks on a timely basis Interest in keeping up-to-date on current trends in the field of membership
- Highly developed writing and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an understanding for customer service Evening and some weekend hours are necessary, as well as standing at events and programs
- Some lifting of boxes of material may be required ( up to 20 lbs.)
Competitive salary; excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter with resume with the subject line “Associate Director of Membership, The Morgan Library & Museum” to email@example.com.