| Employment positions
Opportunities | Employment
The Morgan Library & Museum seeks a part-time Docent Coordinator. This position will work with the Manager of Gallery Programs in coordinating all aspects of the Morganís Docent program. This will include providing year-long training to docents on the Morgan's permanent collection and temporary exhibitions, scheduling docent tours and providing docent tours when required. The Docent Coordinator will also research and compile background material related to special exhibitions and permanent collection and coordinate with curatorial staff. This position reports to the Manager of Gallery Programs.
- 2-3 years of experience training docents in inquiry-based teaching techniques for a cultural institution
- Masters degree in Art History is required; Masters degree in Education is desirable
- Excellent knowledge in a field related to the Morgan's collection areas such as art, history, or literature
- Solid research, and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with docents, professional staff, and the general public
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Strong computer knowledge working specifically with the Microsoft Office suite and Google Apps
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously with attention to detail
- Excellent mobility and stamina for giving tours/talks
- Able to stand for long periods of time
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate.
To apply: Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Human Resources at:
Back to jobs list
Top of page
© The Morgan Library & Museum, 225 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016, (212) 685-0008
Take a survey
and help us improve your online experience.
Terms and Conditions
The programs of The Morgan Library & Museum are made possible with public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council, and by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
Background images: Photography by Todd Eberle unless otherwise noted. © 2006 Todd Eberle.