| Employment positions
Opportunities | Employment
Visitor Services Assistant
The Morgan Library & Museum has a part-time opening for a Visitor Services Assistant. The incumbent will provide museum patrons with a general introduction and orientation to the Morgan; sell admission and program tickets; provide brochures and other materials; provide information on and assist with membership enrollment and renewal; and provide Coatroom service to visitors by checking and returning bags and garments. Responsibilities also comprise assisting with execution of programs and events including, but not limited to coat check, ushering, and ticket sales/collection.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Previous customer service experience especially in museum or attraction setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work a combination of weekdays, evening hours, and one weekend day. Schedule subject to change seasonally
- Ability to lift and manage bags, garments, and other items checked in the coatroom
- Facility with computer use including Windows based operating systems
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate
To apply: Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
Back to jobs list
Top of page
© The Morgan Library & Museum, 225 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016, (212) 685-0008
Take a survey
and help us improve your online experience.
Terms and Conditions
The programs of The Morgan Library & Museum are made possible with public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council, and by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
Background images: Photography by Todd Eberle unless otherwise noted. © 2006 Todd Eberle.