Further Additions

During the next half century there were further structural changes to the Annex, largely internal, and the basic design of the building was little changed. From 1959 through 1962, the ceiling of the Annex entrance hall and exhibition room was lowered to permit the construction of the Print Room and additional curatorial offices, and the Meeting Room for concerts and lectures was built as an added story atop the Cloister Gallery. The architect for this project was Alexander P. Morgan, the son of Pierpont Morgan's nephew and trusted art advisor, Junius Morgan. In 1977 there were further additions to the rear of the Annex, carried out by the firm of Platt, Wyckoff and Coles.